Friday 12 March 2010

Why do you want to be a journalist?

"Because, if television has taught me anything, being a journalist means I can spend my days drinking wine, reading the Guardian, and perching on dry stone walls. Admittedly, the latter needs work, but I've got the first two down to a fine art."

I went for my NCTJ interview/exam today. I'm not entirely sure how well it went, I managed to completely forget I'd done work experience at the BBC and instead waffled on about relatively unimpressive stuff. Arsebiscuits.

Though I would recommend the free workshop at News Associates to anybody interested in writerly things - and you don't even have to sandwich it between an interview and a test, as I did. On the subject of sandwiches, News Associates even provided us with food. I think they're wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the e-learning option - save yourself a fortune - http://www.ctjt.biz/course_details/nctj_exams/newspaper_journalism_course.html

    ReplyDelete