Monday 15 February 2010

Five reasons why you should buy 'The Siege'

Firstly, it's good.

Secondly, it's only a fiver.

Thirdly, Mr. Simon Guerrier is a very nice man who subsidises my drinking habits. By supporting his work, you fund the many glasses of wine he has provided over the years.

Fourthly, it's narrated by Richard Armitage. Who has a particularly lovely voice.

Fifthly, and perhaps most importantly, it involves Brackenburys. And people drinking far too much wine and falling over.* Ok, that's six reasons, but this is why I do English Lit and not maths.

Buy here.

(I shall now add 'advertising' to the transferrable skills on my CV).

In related news, I think the Robin Hood Tax would get far more support from the upper echelons if it involved Richard Armitage prancing about in guyliner. I was slightly disappointed to discover it didn't.



* The characters in this audio book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.**

** Except the rather lovely cameo from his wife.***

*** Unless she is actually fictional, and hiding it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment