Friday 12 February 2010

The sound of my childhood

Forget flashy DVD menus. In my head, all Doctor Who starts and ends with the following:



I'm still quite nostalgic for the days of video. Always rewinding stuff I wanted to watch as my brother never bothered to when he'd finished with videos. Twiddling with the tracking control when the picture went all wibbly. Accidentally sitting on the remote and recording over something. The minute of black screen with the tape name in the top left corner before anything started playing. Special features being shoved at the end of the tape (if there at all) and 15 minutes of rewinding/fastforwarding to try and find the right place if you wanted to watch it.

DVD is far more shiny, new and exciting, but VHS had an odd clunky charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment