Monday 22 February 2010

Nine things I will do this week

It's reading week. A significant number of my friends are buggering off to LA for something to do with some sci-fi show I've never heard of (what kind of title is Doctor Who anyway? I bet it's rubbish). I have no money. Therefore, I am at somewhat of a loose end and am even considering being productive. Stranger things have happened.

So - the all-important nine things to do in my last ever reading week.

1) Stop being scared of phrases such as "last ever reading week".

2) Read more than 50 pages of a Victorian Sensation novel without falling asleep.

3) Write an essay on said novel for Victorian Sensation Fiction.

4) Write a review of Goodbye to Berlin for Crisis of Culture.

5) Comprehend that I have a 10,000 word dissertation due in less than three months and get a bloody move on with it.

6) Drink Banana Bread Beer.

7) Write a short story. Where things may happen and characters may do things.

8) Apply for some more jobs, in the hope that someone, somewhere may see me as Quite Obviously A Very Good Person To Hire. Yes, I'm talking to you. (Please?)

9) Go to The worst condition is to pass under a sword which is not one's own at the Tate Modern. No idea what it'll be like, but it's a required part of my course. Though it has Darth Vader in, so it can't be all that bad.

Or, more realistically, I'll spend the week watching endless repeats of Come Dine with Me and Top Gear. It is, after all, one of the last chances I'll get to waste time with impunity...

No comments:

Post a Comment